Police Log: Mountain Biker Injured, Car Hits Beaver

The following information was supplied by the Milford police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.

Milford police responded to several medical emergencies, and reports of intoxicated people over the weekend. Two intoxicated men were removed from Peter's Market. One later returned to the store, and attempted to have his 16-year-old daughter purchase beer.

Friday, March 30

7:51 p.m.: Police received a call reporting a clear plastic container "wrapped in duct tape" was at the entrance to According to the narrative, police blocked off Walnut Street. Parents of children attending a school dance facing Stacy Middle School. An anonymous call told police that two male parties "one with a dark hooded sweatshirt and backpack, the other with grey backpack, were acting suspicious" in the area before and after the call to police. Police spoke to the two individuals.

8:52 p.m.: A motorist on Dilla Street reported he hit a large beaver near Wendy's. The animal was still alive, and was attempting to move to the side of the road. An animal control officer responded and the beaver was transferred to a treatment facility.

9:02 p.m.: Firefighters responded to a report of a brush fire off Medway Road, near Interstate 495. Firefighters determined it was an attended fire on Trettle Drive.

10:43 p.m.: Police received a report of an intoxicated person in jeans and a grey sweatshirt, trying to leave in a Jeep. Police arrested Erik G. Larson, 25, of 31 Emmons St., Apt. 3, Milford, on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, marked lanes violation and failure to stop or yield.

Saturday, March 31

12:25 a.m.: A caller reported a man was passed out in a hallway of an apartment building on Claudette Drive. Police determined the man lived in one of the apartments. Someone he lived with let him in, according to the narrative.

2:09 a.m.: Police received a report of a medical emergency at , a male party with "injury to the face," according to the narrative. One person was taken to According to Police Chief Thomas O'Loughlin, the officer filed a report with these details: an officer observed a small crowd of people standing over a man lying in the road in front of the Turtle Tavern. He also observed three men running away from the area toward the Commerce Bank. The officer called for assistance and he then stopped the three men as they were entering into a vehicle. The investigation revealed that the three men had left the Turtle Tavern. Two of the three went to get their vehicle and when they were on their way back to the business to pick-up their friend, two unknown males started banging on the windows of their vehicle.  Fearful they sped up onto Main Street and parked at the Commerce Bank. As they were walking back to the Turtle Tavern to get their friend they observed the two men assaulting their friend. The victim fought back and one of the suspects was found lying in the roadway. The second suspect, was positively identified by the victim and his friends as being the aggressor. Police are seeking a summons to charge Allan Bacon, 24, of 110 Newbury St., Framingham with assault and battery. Police are also seeking a summons to charge Jamie Maserson, 35, of 20 Oak Hill Ave., Woonsocket, RI, with assault and battery.

4:15 a.m.: A caller reported seeing a man and a woman in a car in the drive-thru at on Medway Road. The woman was "passed out and had minimal clothes on" and it seemed suspicious, the narrative said. Police determined the couple were "at a club all night, got into a verbal argument" but had no other issue.

10:45 a.m.: A caller reported a fire with large flames in the area of Silver Hill Road. Firefighters determined it was a legal burn under a permit.

12:58 p.m.: A caller on Haven Street reported a disturbance. The caller had a language barrier, so the nature of the disturbance was unknown to the dispatcher. But the narrative indicated it was "involving an issue with a washing machine."

1:06 p.m.: A woman walked in to police headquarters, said she had not been getting along with her husband and wanted him "out of the house." Police advised her.

7:22 p.m.: A caller at told police two intoxicated males were in the store. An officer took one person into protective custody. Another officer took the other man home.

8:05 p.m.: Emergency room staff called police for help in handling a woman who was in the ambulance bay "out of control."

10:29 p.m.: A caller on Cedarview Circle told police his house had been egged.

10:41 p.m.: A detective reported that three boys were in and one had attempted to put something in his pocket, "and was ejected from the store."

11:05 p.m.: Police returned to Peter's Market, where the man taken home earlier that night by police had tried to have his 16-year-old daughter buy him beer, "causing problems at the location." Police took the 35-year-old into protective custody.

11:14 p.m.: A caller complained people at Luby Avenue were making a lot of noise, and they had already been asked to keep the noise down. Police spoke to them.

Sunday, April 1

12:02 a.m.: A caller on Luby Avenue again complained that the "kids came back to the party and they are making a lot of noise." Police took two juvenile girls back to police headquarters to await pickup by their parents.

1:00 a.m.: Milford ambulance crews assisted Medway in responding to a crash on Curtis Lane. At least one person was taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester.

3:41 a.m.: A caller on Main Street told police two males "trashed her house" and threatened her with a knife. Milford notified State Police with a description of the vehicle, traveling north on Interstate 495.

5:51 a.m.: Police responded to a reported fight between roomates on Grant Street, but determined no action was required.

10:51 a.m.: A caller reported that someone had tried to tamper with his son's bedroom window overnight.

11:00 a.m.: A medical emergency was reported on South Bow Street. A caller reported "a contractor hit his wife with a hammer." Police and firefighters responded.

11:35 a.m.: A caller on East Main Street told police there was "a lot of noise" coming from the area. Another caller reported "a male party at this location has been banging on a drum for several days."

11:36 a.m.: A caller on North Bow Street, at Court Square, told police a dog had been hit by a car.

12:50 p.m.: A woman fell on the ground near and was taken to the hospital.

1:15 p.m.: A caller reported his friend had had a mountain bike accident and possibly sustained "broken ribs and a collar bone." The location was near

1:22 p.m.: A caller told police an outisde fire on West Street was very high. Firefighters responded and spoke to the property owner.

1:43 p.m.: A woman on Esther Drive told police her mailbox had been vandalized overnight. She requested extra patrols.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »