Where is the Best Place to Prepare Your Taxes?

It's tax season: where do you go for tax preparation in Milford?

With just a few weeks to go before the filing deadline for state and federal tax returns, we're at the height of tax season.

If you have your personal or business taxes prepared by a professional service or accountant, where do you go?

Choose the Readers' Choice Best of Milford for tax preparation, and share your reasons in the comments section.

If we left someone out, please let us know.

Voting in the poll below is open until 9 a.m. Friday.

If you head out of town, you or vote in the

Because this poll is not scientific, it is not the sole consideration in choosing a winner. The winner will be determined by the Patch editor, based on poll results and reviews on Patch Places. Please vote only once per survey, per Patch. The official rules go into greater detail (Editor's Note: see attached PDF).

In the event of a tie, the editor will choose based on the highest combined number of positive reviews (on the business listing in Patch Places) and comments. We will announce the winner at noon Friday.

So tell us where you go for tax preparation. If we forgot someone, let us know. And don't forget to tell us in the comments below why this is your favorite place.

Mike April 02, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Tax Act online - tried H&R Block years ago and they didn't get me any more of a refund than Tax Act and were alot more expensive.
Tarik Miranda April 02, 2012 at 03:46 PM
Mr.gomes who works at the Grant Building
Andie April 05, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I go to Jackson Hewitt after H&R Block charged us 239.00 one year to do taxes. I just got mine done for 139.00 at Jackson Hewitt. We have to file a paper called "injured spouse" because one of us owes the govt. That paper protects the spouse that doesn't owe so they can't take any monies from him. H&R Block charged us 100.00 just for that filing alone. Jackson didn't. I do Taxact online for other people though. But the one thing I found was that they don't ask about rent? My brother went to H& R Block this year and took his taxes from last year (done on Taxact) and H&R Block noticed the rent question wasn't asked. They did it over and got him an extra 139.00. They did only charge him 39.00 for a first time customer. I warned him that next year they won't be so reasonable.
Mary MacDonald (Editor) April 05, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Don't forget that if you itemize, you can declare the tax preparation fees on your federal return. And yes, in MA, renters can declare rent on their state taxes. That's a nice break.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something