Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Are you confused, fed up, worried, about the water you're using or drinking in Milford? is intended to answer some questions by inviting independent guests — that is, people who don't work for or own the private Milford Water Company. The water issues forum starts at 7 p.m. and is at the Milford Youth Center.
2. If you had a great meal at a restaurant, a positive experience at a church, excellent service from a public servant, you can post a review here. A reader recently gave four out of five stars in a review of . Milford Patch is more than a site for news and events, we want to encourage readers to share their opinions, too. Let us all know what you think.
3. A benefit dinner and auction to help support the spring musical and scholarship fund of the will be 6 p.m. Friday at the The full-course buffet will be catered by , and the auction begins about 7:30. Items will include getaways in Maine and other goodies. Tickets are $25 for individuals, or $150 for a table for eight. Call 508-473-1684 for more information.
4. may have been overlooked by readers, so we thought it should be showcased here: raised a record $295,000. And this, in the worst economic climate since the Great Depression. Proceeds from the event — which included $52,000 from the — will benefit adolescent health services at Milford Regional and the Oliva Patient Comfort Fund for cancer care.
5. Are you a home-grown expert in something — sewing, motorcycles, craft beers, animal rescue, renovating old houses? Would you like to write about your experiences, or your passion for something? Milford Patch wants to recruit more bloggers, and we'd like to hear from people who could contribute an occasional, or more than occasional, blog on our site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.