Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Head to from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday to help support music programs in Milford High School. are hosting a fundraiser. Dairy Queen will direct 10 percent of all sales to the group's efforts.
2. Town officials discovered through an appeal of a parking ticket that the signs on North Bow Street don't match the written regulations. The town's parking rules will be changed from: "No parking on North Bow Street, south side, from Main Street to Central Street," to "No parking on North Bow Street, west side, from a point 140 feet north of Spring Street, to Central Street." will add signs with arrows designating the no parking zone.
3. The Milford Police Department has received a two-year grant for $199,475 to provide a department- and neighborhood-based mental health services clinician. The person will work with officers to help defuse situations that involve people with mental health issues, diverting them from arrest and the criminal justice system.
4. The Milford Police also have received an equipment grant to document and memorialize evidence in domestic violence investigations. The grant is from the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security, and will provide police with a digital camera, memory card, camera case and a DVD burner.
5. The Milford High School Boosters Club has received town permission to host a 5K Turkey Day Road Race on Nov. 24. The road race is a fundraiser from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. The course will start and end at the