Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford has 16,860 registered voters, as of the March 12 deadline to register for the Town Election April 2, according to the
2. The Milford Scarlet Hawks Volleyball team kicks off its season March 29 with the Paul (Wally) Seaver Family Fund. Seaver, the chairman of the Milford Youth Commission, has been diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig Disease. Audience members are encouraged to wear red, to symbolize the fight against the disease. Admission is $5 for adults; $3 for students.
3. A benefit on Wednesday at will direct 10 percent of all sales between 5 and 8 p.m. to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, in the name of , a runner who is training for the Boston Marathon.
4. will run from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Italian American Veterans Club, organized by the Greater Milford Business Alliance. A $5 entry fee is requested. Catering is by
5. will hold a "Monte Carlo Night" fundraiser at the from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday.