Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A wintry mix of rain and sleet and snow will give way Thursday morning to snow again by 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Snow will continue to fall through the day. One to 3 inches of additional accumulation is expected, on top of the snow from Wednesday.
2. A group of Milford students will take the Polar Plunge at Revere Beach Saturday, to raise money for Special Olympics Massachusetts. About 120 athletes at take part in Special Olympics events. To support the effort, visit the team site.
3. Milford Community School Use is starting several spring programs, including "Girl Power" for little girls and art classes for children, For more information, see their announcement about registrations.
4. Tickets are still being sold for the to benefit the The dinner is one of the center's largest annual fundraisers. This year will include entertainment by DJ Ron Auger and food by
5. The second annual Karaoke for a Cure will be at at 7 p.m. Saturday. For ticket admission of just $10, you can watch Milford notables sing in public. Last year, Milford Schools Superintendent Robert Tremblay sang "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story.