Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Only a few people pulled papers on Thursday for the town elections: A. Tiago da Silva, 4 Tara Cir., is seeking a position on the . And William T Cavazza III is running for re-election to the Trustees.
2. is recruiting volunteers for a patient comfort program based on the "No One Dies Alone" program. provide companionship to dying patients who don't have family or friends available to stay with them 24 hours a day. Training will be provided. The essence of the program is a compassionate, caring presence at the end of life. Schedules are created based upon the volunteer’s availability. Shifts are generally four hours in length. For information, call Elaine Willey, director of volunteer services at Milford Regional before Jan. 26. She can be reached at 508-422-2263; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Milford Police have released a series of videotapes of the armed robbery early Tuesday at the , which occurred about 6 a.m. Several cars can be seen passing by the business. If you saw something, or the person shown in the video, please call .
4. Save the date: a flapjack fundraiser for the will be from 8 to 10 a.m. Feb. 11 at Tickets are $5 per person and children under age 3 are free. The Play Initiative organizers also are looking for volunteers (parents) to help run the event by waiting on tables, seating guests, clearing tables and other tasks.
5. The temperatures Friday will reach the mid-40s, and the unseasonable warmth is forecast to remain through the weekend, according to the National Weather Service. Enjoy!