Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. will research all write-in candidates for Town Meeting representative, to make sure they live in the correct precincts selected by voters, and are registered voters. A final list of elected officials will then be issued, and the newly-elected will be invited to be sworn in at Milford Town Hall this week.
2. invites business professionals to a networking event at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at 3 Restaurant, 461 W. Central St., Franklin, featuring Lisa Waters, president of Back to Business, who will speak on how to discover your personality type and communication style.
3. , a used book collection and resale company, will conduct a book drive in Milford from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday. Unwanted books, CDs, audio books and DVDs will be collected.
4. The next will be from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday, April 27. The JAG Youth Council will direct proceeds from the event to the Invisible Children campaign. After seeing the Kony 2012 video, JAG Youth Council members were inspired to help get the word out and become more knowledgeable about the issue.
5. Swim lesson registration for Milford children, tis 6 p.m. Monday. The lessons begin April 24.