In this raw, cold week, it's hard to think that spring isn't too far around the corner, nevermind summer. But, summer camp registrations are already being accepted, so we thought it might be timely to provide you with a list of local and area summer camps for this week's "Patch Picks."
1. Milford Community School Use camps. Summer camps, which last summer included activities such as arts and crafts, nature study and hikes, cookouts, games and contests, swimming, a comprehensive sports program and field trips, run July 5 to Aug. 12. Information will be posted on the Community School use website.
2. camps. The center provides a variety of activities throughout the summer. Contact the Youth Center at 508-473-1756 for details.
3. Summer Day Camp, MetroWest YMCA, Hopkinton. This day camp, located on the YMCA's 116-acre wooded facility, includes sessions for ages 3-16. For the brochure, click here.
4. Franklin Country Day Camp, Franklin. The camp runs three, two-week sessions, by age group. (Eligible ages are 5-12.) Activities range from swimming to boating, theater to archery. For more information, visit the organization's website.
5. Wild Adventure Summer Camps at Southwick's Zoo, Mendon. Sessions start in late June and include topics such as animal behavior, animal ecology and teen zoology. For more information, click here.