Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Schools reopen Wednesday, so keep an eye out for the kids.
2. Temperatures will remain below freezing on Wednesday and Thursday, although the skies will be clear.
3. If one of your New Year's resolutions is getting into shape, you may consider a program being offered by Milford Community School Use program: "4 Weeks to Fabulous" will begin Jan. 29 and will include fitness and nutritional counseling. Visit the community use site for more information.
4. A ski trip for the family to Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire could be how you spend your holiday Jan. 18. The trip is being planned by the Milford Community School Use program.
5. You can give blood and get a pound of Dunkin Donuts coffee at the same time in a blood drive on Jan. 11. The blood drive at Gold's Gym is being organized by the American Red Cross.