Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. . Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the three polling sites in Milford. Don't forget, by the end of polling hours. Questions? Call the Clerk's Office at 508-634-2307.
2. Would you like to start a blog on Patch? You may have seen the blog posts these past few weeks, and wondered how to get started. It's easy. Post your opinions on anything from politics to training dogs, or raising children and keeping the family's finances in order, by uploading a blog here.
3. and eligible, to become U.S. citizens will be at the Milford Town Library at 6 p.m. Thursday. Catholic Charities will provide the Citizenship Classes, with ongoing registration through September. For information please call Maddy Hennessy at 508-860-2261, or contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The missing calico cat is wanted back by her family on Beach Street. If you have a lost pet, by all means post a photo on Patch and we'll help spread the word on the site, and social media, too.
5. will host a fundraising motorcycle run and barbecue on Saturday, from the Italian American Veterans Post. The cost is $20 for general admission including bikers and a $10 fee for passengers. All proceeds will be directed to local families in need. A donation will also be made to the family of the late , a motorcyclist killed a year ago while riding on Congress Street.