Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. raised more than $52,000 through its Radiothon Wednesday, with the proceeds directed to the Oliva Patient Comfort Fund for Cancer Care. The donations help support patients treated at .
2. is getting ready to offer a slate of classes that will begin the week of Sept. 26. Topics include computer related courses, GED/language courses and fitness and health instruction. Night registration is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 in the community use offices at . For information visit the website.
3. is seeking singers for its holiday concert. Rehearsals begin at 7:15 p.m. Wednesday at Cultural Center. This is an adult chorus for men and women. No audition is necessary, just a love of singing and the ability to carry a tune. The holiday concert will be Dec. 2, 3, and 4.
4. will partner with Teachers Driving Academy to offer students driving instruction, at a reasonable price, and a convenient location at Milford High School. The 10-class courses will be offered during the fall — beginning Oct. 11 — winter break, February break and April break. Students must be 15 years old plus 9 months at the time classes begin. The cost is $70 for 30 hours of classroom instruction. For more information, visit the academy website.
5. T, a support and social group for mothers, has recently formed and will offer monthly night-outs, playground dates, a newsletter, a book club and numerous other options for making contact with other mothers. An open house has been scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Sept. 9 at