1. Because of downtown construction, there is no parking allowed on Main Street from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. today and tomorrow. This will allow the street to be paved. The ban starts at the Water Street intersection and continues to the intersection of Main and Beach streets, near .
Milford Police strongly encourage motorists to seek alternative routes during the paving construction, which will affect both morning and afternoon commuter traffic. Motorists traveling on Main Street today and tomorrow can expect delays on both days.
2. A blood drive for Boston Children's Hospital will be held 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at , 91 Medway Rd. To make an appointment, go to halfpints.childrenshospital.com (sponsor code KOHLSMILF) or call Mike Shain at 508-330-8487. Positive ID is required.Let Patch save you time. Get local stories just like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Fast signup here.
3. President Barack Obama has ordered that American flags be flown at half-staff until sunset Sept. 16, as a mark of respect for those killed Sept. 11 in the attack on U.S. diplomats in Benghazi, Libya.
4. Have you driven by Wendy's in the last couple of days?
5. Interested in military history and bomber aircraft? Then you may want to head to Worcester tomorrow or this weekend for The Wings of Freedom Tour. A B-17 Flying Fortress, B-24 Liberator and P-51 Mustang will fly in to Worcester Regional Airport around 2 p.m. Friday for the four-day show. Hours of ground tours and display are: 2 to 5 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and 9 a.m. to noon Monday.