1. It's the 11th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. We couldn't find any formal ceremonies in town this year; however, Milford resident Michael Shain and fellow area volunteers will host the for local military families at Medway VFW Post 1526.
Where were you on Tuesday, Sept. 11, eleven years ago?
2. Flags will be flown at half-staff today in rememberance of the attacks and lives lost on 9-11.
3. Milford High Softball Coach Brian Macchi has asked the town for permission to put up signs throughout town to recognize the Locations of the signs would be determined after consulting with the highway surveyor and the town engineer.
4. Town Engineer Michael Santora has provided selectmen with an update on the Route 16 intersection project. By the end of this month, the following downtown areas should be nearly complete and paved: Congress Street/South Main Street/Water Street, Exchange Street/Central Street and Water Street to Spruce Street. At North Bow and Winter streets, and the Beach Street intersection, installation of granite curbing, new concrete sidwalks and traffic signal equipment is anticipated.
5. The Milford Lions Club will hold its 25th annual car show this Sunday, Sept. 16, at Plains Park on Route 85. Registration is 8 a.m. to noon and a $10 fee will be charged to enter the competition. See here for more information.