Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Registration for the Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts is from 6:30 to 8:30 Monday at the . There are several Troops and Packs to choose from on each level for boys and girls, which meet different days and times. All families and children are welcome to join.
2. A reminder for residents in the neighborhood around Godfey Lane: spraying for mosquitoes will begin after 7:30 p.m. Monday, following the discovery of a trapped mosquito carrying the West Nile virus.
3. Alex Ohannesian, a teacher at is the 2012 Outstanding Teacher of the Year, awarded by the Senator Louis P. Bertonazzi Foundation. Other nominees this year were Jose Pinto, of Milford High School; Holly Davoren, of Middle School East; Jennifer Mulcahy, of Stacy Middle School; Renee Juli, of Brookside Elementary School; Barbara Morin, of Memorial Elementary School; and Kathleen Segalla, of Shining Star Early Childhood Center.
4. A groundbreaking ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. Monday at PiNZ, to kick off the State and local officials are expected to attend, along with the railroad owner. The project will reconstruct or repair nine railroad crossings in Hopedale and Milford, including on on South Main Street behind . The project is expected to be complete by June 30, 2013.
5. at the 31 Main St. location in Milford, beginning at 10 a.m. Monday. The chain donut shop is hiring at locations including Milford, Hopkinton and Holliston.