Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. It's Halloween today, and Trick or Treating is on for Milford this afternoon and tonight. Sidewalks are cleared of Hurricane Sandy related debris and most of the town has power.
2. Speaking of power, by Wednesday morning National Grid should have updated its website to reflect the expected restoration times for Milford customers still without power. Check to see your neighborhood by zooming in on the outage map.
3. Milford Schools are back in session Wednesday, after a two-day break due to Hurricane Sandy.
4. If you have cleared hurricane related debris from your yard, the Milford transfer station has been opened by the Board of Health Wednesday. It will be open on Sundays in November, too, starting this Sunday.
5. Are you one of the unlucky ones without power? Make sure you read this column about what can be safely eaten from a refrigerator that has lost power.