Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. All of the people who spent hours raking leaves the past few weeks could see their hard work scattered by wind today. The Milford Highway Department will start vaccuuming leaves Monday, and will keep it up unless Hurricane Sandy becomes a problem. If you haven't checked already, the leaf schedule is here.
2. Milford Selectmen were expected to meet on Monday night. It was not clear Sunday whether the meeting will be canceled due to the hurricane. The agenda includes an update on the search for a new town administrator.
3. The Milford Town Library and the Milford Senior Center are closed Monday, because of the storm and a potential for power loss. An updated list of closures in town can be found here. Please add information if you see a closed store or restaurant.
4. If you want to check to see who has power, and who doesn't, here is the National Grid power outage map. Hurricane Sandy could leave millions without power on the East Coast. As of Sunday night, only 219 people in Worcester County were out.
5. Speaking of National Grid, if you text STORM to NGRID (64743) you can get text alerts from them during and after the storm.