Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. People may not know that Milford was the birthplace of Mabel Bragg, who wrote The Pony Engine, a children's book published in 1930 that became The Little Engine that Could in later publications. through downtown Milford. The dedication will include a guided historic walk.
2. We saw people raking leaves like crazy Thursday, which reminded us to remind you of the schedule for leaf collection.
3. Do you have a cute pet, and a Halloween costume ready for him or her? Upload which has already attracted a few pirates, a taco, a hot dog and several hat-wearing cats.
4. Milford has a few openings for the Capital Improvement Committee, which would require an application explaining your interest and background in finances. Anyone interested in becoming a member should fill out a Talent Bank Application.
5. The Friends of the Milford Town Library will host the fall booksale on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friends members get a special preview Friday.