Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you see people with brooms and rakes on Saturday, don't worry: the annual Fall Cleanup on Milford Upper Charles Trail gets underway at 9 a.m. Volunteers who want to participate should meet at Fino Field. The Friends of the trail will provide gloves and bags. Please bring rakes and a leaf blower, if available.
2. Do you have a cute kid and, better yet, a cute kid in a cute costume? Patch is . So far, Milford Patch has a Darth Vader and a Velma, but we are happily accepting more nominations.
3. Another Find Yourself Friday dance party is Friday, with the theme of a Haunted Halloween Party. The entry fee of $3 will be directed to the United Way of Tri-County, which is coordinating a Feed a Family for Fifty campaign, to provide 3,000 holiday turkeys for Thanksgiving to needy families in MetroWest.
4. Get your pumpkin carving knife sharpened: the Milford Pumpkin Stroll will take place from 6 to 7:30 on Saturday. (Rain date Sunday, same time) After viewing the pumpkins, kids can take part in trick-or-treating.
5. Trick or Treat Down Main Street begins at 9 a.m. Saturday. Children will get a bag and a map at Creative Community Childcare, then get goodies from the participating businesses on Main Street.