Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Rivera Athletic Center celebrated a grand opening Saturday at its new location, 132 Central St., at the Milford Sports Center. Rivera Athletic Center is owned by Jorge Rivera, a boxer and mixed martial artist.
2. The special town meeting in Milford begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday. The warrant is attached to this article as a PDF. The meeting will be broadcast on cable by Milford TV.
3. Milford Police have become the first town department to get a Twitter account. If you have an account, follow them here.
4. Do you like porketta? The third Annual Porketta Dinner will be held Saturday, Oct. 27 at the Hoboken Club. Cocktails start at 6:30 p.m. and dinner at 7 p.m. Cash bar. The event is $20 for MHS Boosters members, $25 for non-members. Call Gina Tarolli for more detail at 774-248-4931. All proceeds will go to Milford High School athletics, student athletes and scholarships.
5. The Greater Milford Business Alliance will be holding another networking event at 5 p.m Oct. 29 at Maria’s Restaurant. Half-priced appetizers and dinner specials will be featured, along with informal networking for local business professionals. There is no entry fee. Cash bar. RSVP to Joe Soares, at email@example.com.