Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A reminder for property owners: the 2nd quarter real estate and personal property tax bill is due by Nov. 1.
2. Children Across America, a Milford-based nonprofit, is conducting a coat drive ths month. Coats can be donated at the Milford Town Library.
3. If you are on Twitter, consider following Honey Dew Donuts today. The chain has two shops in Milford. And for every new follower on Twitter by the end of the work day, Honey Dew will donate $1 for breast cancer research.
4. Shining Star Early Childhood Center will celebrate the completion of its accessible playground Friday with a short ceremony. The event will take place in the gym in the event of rain, said program Director Lucy Jenkins. The pre-school center now has 160 students.
5. a candidate for U.S. Representative for the Fourth Congressional District, will be in Milford Friday night, at the Project Smile anniversary event at the Doubletree Hotel.