Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The west steps of Milford Town Hall have been completed, with the new granite steps firmly set in place. The railing will be installed soon. The work now turns to the eastern entrance to the historic building.
2. State Rep. John Fernandes (D-Milford), will be recognized later this month as the recipient of the President's Award from the Massachusetts Bar Association. Fernandes, along with state Sen. Gale Candaras (R-Wilbraham), will receive the award in recognition for their 18-month effort to produce comprehensive alimony reform in Massachusetts.
3. Lactation consultants at Milford Regional Medical Center were recognized by the state recently for excellence in lactation care. Nurses Julie Naya, Laura Fantini, Susan DiMario, Kimberley Sullivan, Sharon Pellerin, and Rose Galimi, who is also Nurse Manager, recently accepted the 2012 Breastfeeding Achievement Award from the state Department of Public Health.
Let Patch save you time. Get Five Things and other columns delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
4. Are you a crafter, sewer or creator? The Christmas Gallery of Arts and Crafts will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Nov. 24, and all merchandise must be hand-crafted. Applications are being accepted for this juried event. Please contact Jeanne Reimonn at 508-435-4359 for application information.
5. Montgomery Lodge on Saturday The Montgomery Lodge, which is located at 155 Main St., Milford, was chartered by Paul Revere in 1797.