Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Police detectives sent an underage operative into 36 alcohol-serving restaurants, bars and convenience stores on Sept. 21. All of the businesses were found to be complying with the state requirements, including by checking for ID, according to a letter from Police Chief Thomas O'Loughlin to selectmen.
2. A reminder for patients of the late Dr. Razvi, at His office will be distributing patients' medical records from noon to 7 p.m. Tuesday. This is the final day for patients to retrieve their records.
3. Prentice Avenue, off Spruce Street, will get additional signs that advise the street is a one-way, and that parking is restricted to residents by permit. According to a resident who requested the additional signs, the street has become more congested since Gasco relocated nearby.
4. Coats are being collected this month by Children Across America, for distribution to needy children. The coats can be dropped off at Milford Town Library and at the Children Across America location. The coat distribution will be Oct. 27.
5. Save the date: the popular Milford Pumpkin Stroll at Plains Park will be Oct. 27. People who drop off a pumpkin will receive a free gift: a small flashlight perfect for safety while trick-or-treating. After the pumpkin stroll, children in costumes are invited to trick-or-treat at the park.