Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The annual Halloween Costume Parade at the Milford Town Library will be Oct. 30. Immediately following the parade, children of all ages with an adult are invited to join the library staff and volunteers for some spooky stories, songs and fingerplays. Refreshments will be served. Registration is not required.
2. The Girls Soccer team and Girls Field Hockey team will both have home games Wednesday, on the new Milford High School field. The field hockey team starts first, at 3:30 p.m., with soccer following at 6:30 p.m.
3. On S will set off from PiNZ. Last year, the event drew almost 300 bikers. The fee is $20, and all proceeds will go to the Matthew Denice memorial scholarships, to be awarded to local students attending Framingham State University.
4. WMRC Radio is sponsoring the Get Fit for Life Health Fair Sunday at the Doubletree Hotel in Milford. This fair will feature health experts and eight participating health facilities who will be signing up participants for a 12-week fitness challenge.
5. Newly updated assessments are available for Milford properties. The offices of the assessors are open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. this week, and online, records are available at www.milford.ma.us.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.