Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you've had enough of Halloween candy and it's still hanging around the house, consider donating it to the troops, who could use a sweet reminder of home. Halloween candy is being collected at several locations in Milford through Nov. 10, including Hannaford's, Athletic Based Training and Midtown Family Fitness and Raquetball Club. See the attached flier for more locations.
2. Milford Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, with an agenda that includes some of the matters that had to be postponed last week, due to Hurricane Sandy. Among other issues, the board is expected to consider the status of a handicapped access ramp for the World War II memorial at Draper Memorial Park.
3. The Planning Board will hold its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, at Milford Town Hall. The agenda includes a review of several site plans.
4. The Class of 2015 at Milford High School is holding a benefit for class activites on election day, at Chili's in Bellingham. Dine at the restaurant from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday and a portion of the proceeds will go to the class for its activites.
5. The Milford Performing Arts Center is conducting auditions Saturday for "Another Christmas Carol." More information is contained in an announcement posted by the non-profit organization.