Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. will be held at from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday. DQ will donate 10 percent of all sales between that span to the community non-profit for children and families of children with special needs.
2. Save a life, get a treat: donors who give blood between 2 and 7 p.m. Friday at will get a coupon for a free gallon of Friendly's Ice Cream.
3. , and word has it that Milford will have several locations where people will spontaneously break into dance. Look for the flash mob dancers at locations including and . If you want to participate, and learn the moves, head to on Friday from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
4. Interested in a four-week bootcamp for fitness? that will include a dietary analysis and one-on-one personal training. The groups will meet either mid-mornings or early mornings, twice a week.
5. A few strong to severe thunderstorms are a possibility for the Milford area Friday, according to the National Weather Service. Chance of rainfall is 50 percent.
Keep up with news and information in Milford by subscribing to the Milford Patch newsletter.