Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Wyatt Barie, a Milford teen aiming to become an Eagle Scout, has started construction of an extension to the The project will allow the staff to access the freezers, which hold roadkill, during winter. The work is expected to continue into August.
2. Another Eagle Scout candidate hopes to build a gazebo at Milford Selectmen were told Monday. The proposal will be sent to the town Parks Department for review.
3. The 8th annual cookout will be at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 10. Tickets are $6 and are on sale now at the center. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, kielbasa and side dishes are on the menu.
4. Freedom Street is under reconstruction. The street, which cuts through to Hopedale by , is temporarily blocked while the works. The street is this summer.
5. State Sen. Richard Moore (D-Uxbridge) will meet with constituents in Milford from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Aug. 2 at