Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. this summer for children and families. Some of the skills learned during the summer camps: swimming lessons and arts and crafts.
2. Donating blood on July 27 will have a sweet reward. If you participate in a blood drive at , you will get a coupon for a free gallon of ice cream.
3. The Milford School Committee meets tonight at 7 at for the first meeting since school ended.
4. The dramatic rainstorms that swept through the area on Wednesday should serve to lower the temperature. For the first time in three days, the high is forecast below 90 degrees.
5. Would you like to start a blog on Patch but aren't sure what it involves? Send an email to the Milford Patch editor at Mary.MacDonald@Patch.com for more information.