Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. James Symmes, an Eagle Scout candidate with Troop 4 in Milford, recently built raised vegetable garden boxes for the residents at Hopedale Housing. He has collected donations for the Eagle Scout project for several months, received cash donations from family and friends, a 10 percent discount from Home Depot, and a generous donation of timber from
2. will hold a town hall forum in Milford Monday. Bielat, a Republican candidate, will be at at 6 p.m. The forum will last for about an hour. Bielat will take questions from the crowd, and address issues affecting the Fourth District.
3. The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, and the proposed expansion of the . The company, a subsidiary of Ipsen, will be requestig approval for an amended site plan. The meeting is at .
4. will be the featured band Tuesday at the Family Night at the Bandstand concert series, in . The concert begins at 6:30 p.m.
5. More excessive heat is on tap for the next several days. The high should hit or exceed 90 degrees Monday through Wednesday in Milford, according to the National Weather Service. By Thursday, temperatures should cool to a more-seasonable mid-80s.