Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Parking will be somewhat restricted at for the next several weeks, as a painting crew prepares to paint, and then paints, the exterior of the building. About half of the east-facing lot was closed off to parking on Tuesday.
2. No Parking signs have been posted on Fruit Street,
3. have appointed Eric Dahlgren, of Briar Drive, Patrick DiGregorio, of Eben Street, and Lena McCarthy, of Fruit Street Extension, to the Woodland School Building Committee. They were among eight who applied. Aldo Cecchi, of Harding Street, will serve as the Finance Committe's representative. Dino DeBartolomeis is the Board of Selectmen's representative. Additional representatives will be appointed by the School Committee and Town Moderator.
4. Twenty-nine children from New York city will be at in Milford at 4 p.m. Thursday, to meet with their host families as part of the Fresh Air Fund. The children will spend part of their summer break with families based in various towns, including Milford and Uxbridge.
5. If you are looking for a new spot for free internet wireless, on Dilla Street and Cedar Street now offers it. Do you know of other free wireless spots in town? Tell readers by sharing in the comments below.