Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. RJ Sheedy, a Milford High School junior, will have a talk show on the new Milford TV cable access channel. Re-runs of his show will begin airing tonight, while new shows will be taped at the new Milford TV studio beginning in February. Tonight's episode of "Talk Show with RJ Sheedy" will feature his interviews with MHS Newspaper Advisor Chris Calzolaio, and the 2011-12 SADD Presidents Rachel Schrottman and Simran Karr. It will also include a round-table discussion with Ian Michelson, the former president of the class of 2014, Video Production Teacher Adam Sasso, and Portuguese Teacher Nilza Miribal. The talk show will air at 9 p.m. Thursdays, at 8 p.m. Saturdays, 3 p.m. Mondays and noon on Tuesdays.
2. an incumbent who is seeking re-election to the board, returned his signature papers to the Town Clerk's office on Wednesday. At this point, he's unopposed, but people can take out nomination papers until 5 p.m. Feb. 8.
3. Looking for some sweet deals for Valentine's Day? A Patch blogger, Rayna Meleedy, offers some suggestions, including a $10 deal for $25 at Milford Mandarin.
4. Friday, Feb. 1 is the 10th annual observance of National Wear Red Day, part of the Go Red for Women campaign to raise awareness of heart disease, the No. 1 killer of women. Are you planning an event, or part of a group that is observing this event? Let us know!
5. A reminder for Milford election candidates: a campaign finance seminar for the April 2 town election is at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31 in the Upper Town Hall. All candidates are encouraged to attend.