Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Public Schools will host a Kindergarten Parent Information Night and Pre-Registration event on Feb. 13 at Milford High School. Packets will be available that night from 6 to 6:45 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. The information session will follow from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. Child care will not be provided, this is for the adults only.
2. Gourmet Pizza and Grill in the Quarry Plaza of Milford is under new ownership, according to an announcement recently posted on Milford Patch. The restaurant has been open for about three weeks. In addition to Italian-style pizza, the restaurant serves breakfast seven days-a-week, and serves fresh seafood on Fridays.
3. Newly seated U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy III will be the keynote speaker Feb. 11 at a government affairs luncheon organized by the Milford Area Chamber of Commerce. The luncheon will be at the Doubletree Hotel in Milford. The cost is $35 for MACC members, and $50 for non-members. Contact the Milford Area Chamber of Commerce for individual tickets or to reserve a table for eight.
4. An all-day childbirth preparation class will be offered on Saturday at Milford Regional Medical Center, and will include such education as infant CPR.
5. Do you have a camera and stumble upon interesting images? Share your photos of the community with Milford Patch, on the Pics and Clips post, as these readers did this week.