Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Selectmen were introduced Monday to three new police officers. Joseph Francesconi was appointed in April, and Antonio Dinis and Paulo Pinto started this year. All three officers have experience with other departments, and are fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Francesconi speaks Italian, too.
2. Milford officially has a race for town treasurer. Both Barbara Auger and Michael Soares returned their paperwork to the Milford Town Clerk's office Monday, and the signatures were verified. The election is April 2. .
3. If your dog is due for a rabies shot, an affordable clinic is being held at Petco in Milford from 10:30 to noon on Feb. 3. The one-year rabies shot will cost just $5 that day.
4. Eva's Restaurant has changed hands. The pizzaria at 55 Water St. will now be called Licos Restaurant. It is owned by Ronaldo Gomes, who lives in Milford. The restaurant will operate seven days a week, opening daily at 11 a.m., and closing at varying hours depending on the day.
5. Trend alert: frozen yogurt is coming to Milford. Selectmen on Monday approved a business license for Yum Yum Froyo, which will be at 196 E. Main St., and once open, will be open seven days a week.