Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Milford Youth Center will host an Fashion Show.
2. Milford Schools Superintendent Robert Tremblay said last week one of his goals for the upcoming year is to establish a centralized alumni office for Milford High School graduates, as a way to tap into the networking potential of local graduates, and to help communicate initiatives.
3. The town of Miford is seeking a town engineer, to replace the retiring Michael Santora. The description of the position is available on the town website.
4. The Milford Youth Center is not just for youth. For a $35-a-season fee, Milford residents can participate in basketball or volleyball games every Wednesday night through April 24. The fee is $45 for non-residents.
5. UniBank has donated $5,000 to Alternatives Unlimited, an agency that provides services to people with developmental disabilities, including through social efforts and vocational and educational services. The donation will support the Alternatives' community campaign, which allows the group to purchase equipment, train volunteers and develop programs.