Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A developer who has hoped to place a resort-style casino off Interstate 495 in Milford has one more day, Tuesday, to submit a proposal and a nonrefundable $400,000 fee to the Massachusetts Gaming Commission. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. The commission will announce following the deadline which applications have been made, and outline the review process. Seven applicants submitted proposals by Monday afternoon.
2. The Visiting Nurses Association and Hospice of Greater Milford will hold a free flu shot clinic from 3 to 5 p.m. on Jan. 22, at its offices on Birch Street, for people who call to pre-register. The group is taking registrations because of limited availability of the shot. Call 508-422-1835 to schedule your appointment.
3. Have you always wanted to run the Boston Marathon? Runners are needed to join the Liver Foundation's team. See the announcement for more information.
4. Are you interested in learning how to apply makeup? A special, one-day class at Milford Community School Use in March could be helpful. The March 5 class will cover topics including identifying skin types, preparation of the skin, selecting make up products and colors, makeup tools and application techniques. Contact the Milford Community School Use program for more information.
5. And speaking of Community Use, it may seem hard to believe, but it's time for applications for summer camp positions. Applications will be accepted from today through Feb. 15. Contact the Milford Community School Use office for an application.