Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Milford Planning Board tonight will hold a public hearing on a proposed requirement that would restrict medical marijuana dispensaries to industrial zones, and require them to be at least 200 feet from structures including churches and daycare centers. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at Milford Town Hall.
2. The Friends of the Milford Upper Charles Trail gather at 7 p.m. Tuesday, too, for their monthly meeting, at the Milford Senior Center. The agenda includes approval of new trail section sponsors, businesses or organizations that agree to keep a section of the walking and biking trail clean.
3. Thanks to Yanks, a Milford-based non profit, will host its annual Magic Show on Sunday at Stacy Middle School. This is a free event for children and families, but tickets need to be reserved by noon on Friday, Feb. 8. See the announcement for more details.
4. The new website for the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles will soon be featuring advertising, a move the state says will generate revenue. People are turning to the website for their registry transactions in increasing numbers. Last year, customers performed more than 3.4 million transactions online, up from 2.9 million transactions in 2011. Services online include license and registration renewals, citation payments and signing up to become organ donors.
5. The group that formed in neighboring Holliston and Hopkinton to oppose a Milford casino — Casino Free Milford — is reaching out to Milford residents who want to volunteer or help join the effort. The group can be reached through its website.