Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford's School Committee meets at 7 p.m. tonight, and the agenda includes an update on special education services in the district, and a report on the Woodland School Building project.
2. The Learning Experience in Milford will hold The business provides childcare from ages 6 weeks to 6 years old. The open house will begin at 6:30 a.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.
3. Two Huskey dogs that are trained sled dogs are missing, having run away from their kennel on Sunday. The kennel is in Hopkinton, and the dogs were last seen in Holliston, but they're capable of running for miles.
4. Catholic Charities is providing ongoing registration for Citizenship Classes at the Milford Town Library. Day and evening classes are available. For general questions or more information please call Maddy Hennessy at 508-860-2261 or email@example.com.
5. High School students in the Fourth Congressional District, which includes Milford, are invited to submit their artistic work — paintings, drawings, collages, computer-generated art, prints, mixed media and photography pieces — in the annual Congressional Art Competition. Submissions will be accepted through April 19. Submit to U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy's office on Crafts Street in Newton. An independent arts panel will select a finalist for each media category. The panel will then choose a "Best in Show" piece from those finalists. The winning piece will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol.