Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Milford Board of Selectmen meet on Monday and the agenda includes discussion and a potential vote on selection of a town administrator. The board has finished interviews with five finalists.
2. A CPR class, intended for the rescue of family and friends, not for certification, is being offered at Milford Regional Medical Center on Wednesday. The course includes instruction for adult, infant and child CPR. Registration is required. See the event listing for more details.
3. The Milford Youth Center is now accepting applications for its MYC Summer Camp 2013. The camp starts June 24, and runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m, with an option for extended day. Some of the activities planned include a whale watch, a day at PiNZ and at the Southwick's Zoo. See the announcement for more details.
4. If you are fighting cancer, learn how diet plays a role, in the seminar, "Fighting Cancer with your Fork" at Milford Regional Medical Center. The March 5 event is free but requires pre-registration.
5. Friendly's is teaming up with Pediatric Dental Group to give tooth care baggies to the first 100 children who eat at the restaurant that day.