Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Happy Valentines's Day! The red rose is a powerful symbol and bouquets will be delivered all across town today. But sometimes, you may get another color. What does it mean? Check here...
2. Interested in learning how to dance? Dance instructors will offer Latin and Ballroom dance classes at the Milford Youth Center starting on Feb. 23. Group classes are available for students who want to be introduced to basic steps, rhythm, technique, and partnering. Private Classes are available for people looking for individual attention, including wedding dance preparation. For pricing, dates and information, click here.
3. Kohl's is now accepting applications for its 2013 Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program. In the program, Kohl’s recognizes kids ages six to 18 who have made a positive impact on their community through volunteerism. Nominations will be accepted through March 15 at kohlskids.com.
4. Milford Area Chamber of Commerce is organizing a trip to Ireland. An information session will be at 6 p.m. Feb. 27, at Holiday Inn Express in Milford. The trip will be from Oct. 6 to 15, and includes airfare, lodging and 13 meals. The trip is open to all MACC members, as well as others. Click here to download and print information brochure.
5. Milford TV has joined Twitter. The community access television station opened last month and produces community broadcasts as well as special programs.