Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford has two contested races for the April 2 ballot: for treasurer and Board of Library Trustees. Jonathan Bruce, Michael Soares and Barbara Auger are running for treasurer. John Byrnes, Ron Auger and Scott Vecchiolla are running for two available spots for library trustee.
2. Healthy Futures Milford Coalition is a local organization that is committed to promoting healthy eating and movement — Make the Healthy Choice, the Easy Choice! Learn how and get involved by ‘liking’ the coalition on its new Facebook page. All new Facebook fans during the month of February will be entered into a raffle for prizes with winners selected on March 1.
3. All incumbent Milford Town Meeting members need to return their signed affidavit to the Milford Town Clerk by 5 p.m. Tuesday, to be placed back on the April 2 election ballot.
4. Milford has a Capital Improvement Committee that reviews long-term spending needs. And it has two openings. Any town resident who is a registered voter is encouraged to apply by submitting a letter of interest to the Town Administrator's office.
5. The Community Development Office, now in leased space on Main Street, will relocate to the Milford Highway Department building, saving rental fees and improving efficiency because the two departments often coordinate projects, according to a notice submitted to Milford Selectmen by Community Development director Sue Clark. The move is expected by March 1. All phone numbers and office hours will stay the same.