Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A groundbreaking ceremony was held Thursday for the Cornerstone will feature assisted living and state-of-the-art Alzheimer's care. The 85-unit building is expected to open in fall 2013.
2. Why does this remind me of Willy Wonka? including in Milford, as part of a customer appreciation day Friday and Saturday. And, 25 of the chocolate bars will have prize winning tickets, good for things such as grocery cards and even an iPad.
3. Students at Evergreen Center will present employees at Milford Town Hall Friday with two large hand-made wreaths for the exterior of Town Hall.
4. Do you have a handsome hound? A pretty pup? and you could win a $25 gift card.
5. The Claflin Hill Symphony Orchestra will present its Holiday Pops concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and seats are still available. The concert will include Fantasia, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year and A Charlie Brown Christmas, as well as other classics. The event is in the upper floor at Milford Town Hall and ticket information is available here.
6. (a bonus thing) Of the many holiday events this month, there is only one Nutcracker. The annual Christmas ballet will be performed at Milford High School on Dec. 15 and 16. Tickets are on sale now.