Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A reminder that we're in hunting season. Milford Police have received several complaints about hunters, who may be in woods within earshot of homes and public areas. State law prohibits anyone from discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling. This puts much of the town off-limits. The shotgun deer season runs through Saturday, and then is followed by blackpowder deer season which continues through the month.
2. Milford Town Library has several drop-in programs for young children and toddlers. Thursday morning, at 10 a.m., is drop-in toddler time for children ages 2-3, accompanied by an adult. See the announcement for more programs.
3. The Milford School Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday, and the agenda includes an update from the principal of Middle School East and Stacy Middle School about the opening of school, and a presentation on the Black Out Bullying program.
4. Give the gift of life: Commerce Bank in downtown Milford will hold a blood drive from 1 to 6 p.m. Friday.
5. Do you have a concern about state issues? State Sen. Richard T. Moore (D-Uxbridge) will hold constituent office hours from 6 to 8 p.m. on Dec. 17 at Milford Town Hall. He will meet individually with people on a first come, first served basis.