Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. which is operated by the Milford public schools, recently received a five-year reaccreditation. The accrediting agency is the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
2. The Milford Planning Board will meet Tuesday. The agenda includes discussion of a zoning amendment for medical marijuana dispensaries. The proposal would require a 200-foot setback from residential zones, schools, houses, churches, parks, playgrounds and youth centers.
3. The Milford High School Art and Music Departments will host the Winter Concert and Art Show at 7 p.m. Tuesday at featuring the music of the high school bands, choirs and orchestra, as well as select artworks.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like the Five Things column delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
4. Jamison Mendall Sr., of Uxbridge, who operates a tree removal service, has received permission from Milford Selectmen to sell Christmas trees at 235 E. Main St. The sales would be daily through Dec. 25 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. He goes before the Milford Planning Board on Tuesday for a special permit.
5. The final Milford Area Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours event will be at 5 p.m. Thursday at IRA Toyota of Milford. The event will be catered by J & L Catering. The fee is $10 for Chamber members; $25 for non-members.