Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. will begin its free, adult English classes next week. The drop-in ESL classes will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings at 7, beginning Sept. 4. No childcare is provided. Please bring a pencil/pen, notebook and dictionary to class. No pre-registration is required.
2. is among the hospitals that have been recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for commitment and success in implementing quality care for heart disease and stroke patients.
3. will host a parent orientation Wednesday and an open house on Thursday.
4. The Hockomock Area YMCA will host a triathlon for youth on Sept. 9. All children in the attending area, including Milford, are welcome to participate.
5. will hold its September meeting at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 17, at the Milford Senior Center. Award winning floral designer Ann McDevitt, who has designed for Queen Elizabeth, will create several floral arrangements during her program. A $5 donation is requested of non-members.