Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you have a dog, you know they need regular walks, even if you have a fenced backyard. Why not walk them for a good cause? A dog-walk to benefit Milford Humane Society and Milford Animal Control will be held at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration is not required. The event is organized by the Young Adult Program at . To join, just meet up in the library parking lot. Donations of food and supplies, and money, will be collected through Aug. 31.
2. Milford Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, at The agenda includes a signing ceremony for an agreement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to The town will become the first in New England to do so, according to ICE officials. The program will require annual screenings for all town employees to make sure they are eligible for employment in the U.S.
3. a Milford-based non profit that includes education and anti-bullying programs for children and young adults, on weekends and evenings.
4. for its Milford locations. If interested, please attend the job fair in Natick Aug. 28.
5. on Sept. 8. Biker registration is from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and the BBQ will be served around 3 p.m. The cost is $20 for general admission including bikers and a $10 fee for passengers.