Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Anyone traveling on Main Street Wednesday in the area of Beach Street got a taste of what will be going on through Friday. The pavement will be taken down by a few inches, and a new surface applied. Traffic was stopped Wednesday afternoon, heading east on Main Street, from Beach Street to past Main Street construction will mean more delays Thursday and Friday. And a goes into effect Thursday.
2. Never too early for Halloween? Trick-or-treat candy is in the supermarkets, pumpkins (small ones) are being sold at Kelly's Farm in Upton, and seen on Purchase Street Wednesday: a witch on a front door.
3. will have a fun, family-oriented event Thursday. Mr. DJ’s sensational ”FAMILY FACE-OFF” will match kids and adults for challenging questions. Mr. DJ will test the wits of both young and old. Prior registration was required, but if you want to watch, the program is at 6 p.m. in the Granite and Quarry Room.
4. once again will raise funds from motorcyclists for the My One Wish Foundation, which grants wishes to terminally ill children. The Sept. 2 event will have a change of location this year, and will be held at The Fifties Lounge, 168 Mendon St., Bellingham (Route 140). The post-party will be catered by .
5. Who are some of the famous people, or notable people for particular achievements, who are from Milford? Milford Patch is interested in getting in touch with them for feature stories. Contact editor Mary MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions for who she should contact, (and where she might find them.)