Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you have a soon-to-be kindergartener, a social event should be added to your calendar. The PTOs at Memorial and Brookside elementary schools have organized a at 12:30 Aug. 23, complete with ice cream, to give the new students a chance to meet each other, and get a first look at their school.
2. Interested in a $25 gift certificate to Prezo? Become a "friend" of the Milford Regional Medical Center Facebook site starting today, and when the site reaches its 1,000th "like," (which is approaching soon) the hospital will enter your name into a drawing for three, $25 gift certificates to
3. A yard sale to benefit Milford Humane Society will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday,
4. Are you eligible to become a U.S. citizen? Catholic Charities will provide an orientation session and registration for citizenship classes from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 6 at . For general questions or more information please email Maddy Hennessy at email@example.com.
5. If you love eating, and appreciate the range of foods in the Milford area, mark Sept. 20 on the calendar. will be held at the Portuguese Club. Eighteen restaurants will participate, including 89 Central Trattoria, Alicante, British Beer Co, Chef Barry & Co. Catering, Hannaford, J&L Catering, Restaurant 45, and Wanokura. Proceeds from the Taste of the Towns will support the Milford Regional Medical Center’s $40 million building project.