Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Blood supplies are at their lowest in the summer, while demand increases. Help out by choosing a local donation site. The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive at all day Monday, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
2. This is the last week to register to vote for the upcoming . The deadline is 8 p.m. Friday. will remain open late on Friday, until 8 p.m. for stragglers.
3. Save the date: the town will throw a big party to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the General Draper statue. The most notable public art in town was donated 100 years ago. The town's Historical Commission, Selectmen and Park Department will host a patriotic event in at 2 p.m. Sept. 23.
4. An orientation for will be from 9 to 11:30 Thursday, while their counterparts at Blackstone Valley Tech will have an all-day orientation on Friday.
5. Each day, the top headlines, blogs and news and events in Milford are featured in the Milford Patch newsletter, which can be delivered to your inbox on the computer or your phone. (A weekly version is also available). Keep up on what's happening by subscribing to the version you prefer.