Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Not every Olympic athlete has a body like a Michael Phelps or a Missy Franklin. Sometimes they look just like you, or me. The BBC News has published an online calculator that shows you which current Olympian you most resemble, based on your height and weight. This is a lot more entertaining than the Body Mass Index.
2. a course offered through Milford Regional Medical Center, will begin at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The fee is $30 and pre-registration is required.
3. meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at
4. will begin meeting on Wednesday afternoons, starting in September, and is recruiting new members. Youth who are interested in helping build the community are welcome to apply. The meetings are held each month at the
5. The next Business After Hours event for the will be Aug. 15 at the Blaire House. The theme is "Hawaiian Luau." The event begins at 5 p.m.