1. Have you tried out the new self-service stations at Panera Bread? I was there over the weekend and an employee guided me to a touch screen, on which I could customize my order and swipe my credit card. Being new to this service, I'm guessing the process took me twice as long as it would have were I waited on by a professional, but maybe it'll get easier next time. Anyone else try it out?
2. Traveling on the Pike the day before Thanksgiving? Plymouth Rock Assurance will be sponsoring tolls at the Allston/Brighton tollbooth (#19) between 3 and 4 p.m. this Wednesday, Nov. 21. Plymouth Rock will absorb the cost of the toll for that hour.
3. The Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational School District, of which Milford is a member, is one of 46 Massachusetts public school districts named to the College Board's 2012 AP District Honor Roll. The recognition is for expanding access to Advanced Placement (AP) curriculum and maintaining or improving the percent of students scoring 3 or higher. Valley Tech is the only vocational technical high school in the state to earn this distinction.
4. Bugaboo Creek is holding a food drive through Thanksgiving. Guests who bring nonperishable food items for the local food bank will receive coupons for a free appetizer and a free dessert with purchase of an entrée.
5. Milford selectmen meet tonight at 7. For the agenda, click here.